Car Insurance For University Students
If you're a university student looking for car insurance, then you'll want to make sure you get the right level of cover at the best price – and we can help you do just that!
We know that as a student at one of the UK’s universities, you may have found that finding the right car insurance to cover you can be pretty difficult. Premiums tend to be high due to your age or limited driving experience, or even the city based location of your university. We also know that you’re likely to be working to a budget, and want to keep costs down without compromising on the quality of the cover. That’s why we’ve worked hard to develop a car insurance product specifically for students that won't break the bank!
Our policies can include the following features & benefits:
- No black box required
- Theft cover with third party fire and theft, and comprehensive policies
- Accidental damage cover with comprehensive policies
- 24-hour windscreen and glass replacement with comprehensive policies
- Courtesy car with comprehensive policies
- 24/7 UK based claims service
- Flexible payment options
- Breakdown cover available
- Legal cover available
- Discounts for low mileage
- Protected No Claims Bonus available
So why can student car insurance be expensive?
Student car insurance can be expensive for a number of reasons including:
- Younger drivers – students are typically under 25 years old and tend to have less driving experience.
- Claims - Claims numbers show that young drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident, which means the insurance premiums for all young drivers can be more expensive.
- Location – Universities and colleges are usually located in cities where the level of car crime, theft and vandalism is higher.
How can you get cheaper car insurance if you are a student?
The first way to save money is to get a quote from us as we are experts for student car insurance, and we have some of the best rates in the market!
There are several other ways to save money if you are a student at university, including:
- Cars that are cheaper, older or have smaller engines are generally cheaper to insure, so make sure the vehicle you are driving isn’t costing you! Fuel type can also play a part too, so ask one of our advisors for full details.
- Make sure your vehicle is secure! If your car is parked in a public place, or somewhere where it is open to damage, then ensuring it has the appropriate security in place can help reduce the risk of a claim, and can lead to a lower premium.
- Make sure you choose the right level of cover – if you don’t think the value of your vehicle warrants comprehensive cover, then select Third Party, Fire & Theft insurance instead as this will be a lot cheaper. However, make sure you know what this does and doesn’t cover before taking it out, to ensure you have everything you need.
- Reduce your mileage – if you think you are not going to be driving many miles, then make sure you tell us when you get a quote and we can reduce the mileage covered on your policy to help bring the cost down.
- Gain extra driving experience and skills by taking advanced driving qualifications like Pass Plus, and this will help save you money on your insurance.
For more details on how to save money on you student car insurance visit our blog or get in touch for a quote.
We also offer a black box Telematics car insurance policy – Want to find out more?
We also offer a telematics car insurance policy to young and new drivers, and if you think you might be interested click here to find out more.