Could your street name de-value the price of your home and cost you thousands of pounds?
A recent study revealed that homes located on roads with rude names are worth an average of £84,000 less than similar properties close by.
Out of 2000 British citizens that were interviewed, 60% of them admitted they would be put off living on a street with a rude or embarrassing name.
However, it’s not all doom and gloom! Because these properties have such a large depreciated value and are considered undesirable, they are ideal for first time buyers, or someone who wouldn’t necessarily be able to afford to pay the full price, so if you aren’t shy of a few innuendo’s, its a great chance to grab a bargain.
And Britain certainly isn’t short of these quirky street names! Here are the top ten embarrassing street names voted by Brits:
1. Minge Lane, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire, detached house – £253,389.
Detached house in Longfield – £325,000.
2. Slag Lane, Lowton, Lancashire, semi-detached house – £112,620.
Semi-detached house in Fieldfare Close – £141,297.
3. Fanny Hands Lane, Ludford, Lincolnshire, detached house, £157,200
Detached house in Magna Mile, £236,987.
4. Bell End, Rowley Regis, West Midlands, semi-detached house, £126,409.
Semi-detached house in Uplands Avenue, £187,027.
5. Crotch Crescent, Marston, Oxfordshire, terraced house, £238,250.
Terraced house in Ouseley Close, £280,500.
6. The Knob, Kings Sutton, Northamptonshire, semi-detached house, £245,000.
Semi-detached house in Glebe Rise, £249,000.
7. Cock Lane, Farringdon, London, terraced house, £142,757.
Terraced house in Wreford Court, £162,500.
8. Cockshoot Close, Stonesfield, Oxfordshire, semi-detached house, £286,536.
Semi-detached house in Longore, £304,794.
9. Cumming Street, Islington, London, flat, £292,768.
Flat in Britannia Street, £358,419.
10. Cock A-Dobby, Sandhurst, Berkshire, detached house, £456,481.
Detached house in Longdown Road, £615,000.
Wherever your home is, it’s your home, and it’s important to protect it.
To see how much you could save on home insurance, fill in our quick and easy online form today for a quote. Or if you would like to know more about our policies you can phone us on 0844 573 2850 and speak to one of our friendly staff.