Classic & Kit Car Insurance
We know that owners of classic and kit cars are not like other motorists and the classic car insurance cover we arrange takes this into account. We understand that classic car owners are typically more careful than drivers of regular cars. We also know that classic car owners generally maintain their vehicles to a higher standard, and drive them for fewer miles, which means they are involved in fewer accidents. As such, our classic insurance premiums are normally cheaper than those for your modern car and we will search our panel of top insurers to get you a great deal on your classic policy.
Our classic and kit car insurance policies may contain the following policy features and benefits:
- Free agreed value service
- EU cover up to 90 days
- Club member discounts
- Limited mileage discounts
- Multi vehicle policies
- Track day cover available
- UK breakdown cover
- Plus much more!
This will give you the added peace of mind that should your classic car be involved in an accident and you need to make a claim for a total loss, you will be paid the certified value of the vehicle (minus the policy excess) as opposed to the current market value.
Club member discounts
If you are a member of a classic car owners club or forum, then you could also benefit from discounts of up to 15%. If you're not a member of a club yet, it’s worth joining one as the membership of a club often pays for itself with the insurance discount available.
Limited mileage insurance
As most classic car owners use their vehicle as a second car, the annual mileage is lower and as such limited mileage insurance discounts could apply to your premium.
Modified classic car insurance
When you’re restoring, repairing or just working on your classic car you may have to use non-standard parts, or you may decide to make changes which alter its performance, and subsequently increase its value – so make sure your pride and joy is fully covered by declaring any modifications to us, and detailing them in your quote.
As most classic and kit car owners own at least one other car, we can cover all of your vehicles on one policy, and usually save you time and money in the process.
Track Day / Rally cover
Track Days are becoming more and more popular amongst classic and kit car enthusiasts in the UK, and while they are generally carefully managed with safety a top priority, travelling at high speed around a race track with other drivers around you, is never without risk.
With the risk of crashing very high, and the likely severity of the crash increased, standard private car insurance won’t cover you so, to protect your pride and joy, a specialist track day insurance policy from Think is essential.
More reasons to choose Think for your Classic or Kit Car Insurance:
- Our classic car and kit car insurance policies are underwritten by some of the leading classic and kit insurers in the industry.
- Our claims helpline is free to call, is available 24 hours a day, and based solely in the UK.
- We offer a variety of payment options including flexible instalment plans and direct debit facilities.
- We do not have any overseas call centres and all of our staff are qualified and equipped to handle your insurance needs.
- We run our company along small brokerage lines so can give you and your business the focus, attention and level of customer service you deserve – we make sure you feel valued and aren’t just another number to us.
Get a classic or kit car insurance quote today and see the difference we can make to you.